Search This Blog

Friday 1 April 2011

Introducing my blog.

I have to say that one of my major passions in life is music.  I have to listen to some form of music at least once each day or else I won’t finish the day feeling satisfied.  I have quite an eclectic taste in music and whilst most of us, when asked what music we like, will nearly always say “a bit of everything really“, in my case this is largely true.

In my music collection I have everything from heavy metal to gospel, jazz to electronica, blues to funk, pop to classical and all of this with a bit of world music, opera, film soundtrack and other genres besides, thrown into the mix.  To be honest the only music I haven’t fully got to grips with is drum n bass and the manufactured music as championed by such reality shows as X-factor.

I read a great deal of music reviews from a variety of sources and music magazines and I also write my own online reviews of CD’s as well as books and other products.  I have found that the online retailer review format doesn’t appreciate longer reviews, or related thoughts on music, so I thought I’d start this blog to share my thoughts on music and music related topics in general.

I hope to share the new music I find and my passion for music in all it’s forms.  I hope to do this as regularly as I am able on the blog and will write about things like my reminiscences of concerts or live music I’ve seen, reviews of albums or musical equipment I enjoy (or even those albums I dislike), my general musings in relation to music and it’s impact in my life and other topics I may think up or stumble across as my blog progresses.

I hope you will find at least one article/entry of interest and will come back to read more as I post them and feel like you have enjoyed this blog enough to want to share it with your friends and colleagues.

Music is my life and I look forward to sharing this aspect of my life with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment