Search This Blog

Saturday 9 June 2012

Music to pick you up, dust you off and get you coming back out fighting.

After a particularly rough day at work a good friend of mine posted a music link on my Facebook wall of a song called ‘The Middle’ by Jimmy Eat World and after playing it a couple of times I felt a lot better and tried hard to get things back into perspective. 

Here are the main lyrics,

Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.
Just try your best, try everything you can.
And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away.

Chrous:
It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright).

Hey, you know they're all the same.
You know you're doing better on your own, so don't buy in.
Live right now.
Yeah, just be yourself.
It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else.

Chorus.

Hey, don't write yourself off yet.
It's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on.
Just do your best, do everything you can.
And don't you worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say.

Chrous.



Apart from the chorus talking to a female character I could relate and  apply it to my own situation.  It was amazing how quickly it picked me up and whilst I am well aware of the power of music I am still surprised at how quickly and potently it works on me and get me back on track and heading in the right direction.

I love how this song is a little defiant and has a ‘screw you’ attitude to all the naysayers and trouble makers and it is just what I needed at that point in time.  Not only is my friend completely unique and hilarious, she is also a sensitive and beautiful person who knows how to rock out and she instinctively knew what I needed at that point in time.  What more could you want from a friend?

I’m sure I will play this a few more times over the coming days and then shake myself up, dust myself off and come back out fighting.  That’s what music does to me and thank god for that, otherwise I’d be a maudlin’ mess in the corner!

2 comments:

  1. the vidoe is good too - all about being your self. I try and go home and create something when I have a day like that, there is a canvas in my living room called channel after one esp. bad telephone call.Glad your freiend gave you a real boost.EE

    ReplyDelete